- Statement of Commitment
- Collection of your personal information
- Sharing of your personal information
- Use of your personal information
- Information held
- Compliance activities
- Overseas Disclosure
- Access to Personal Information
- Opting Out
- Complaints & Contacting us
BMS Electrical Services is committed to providing you with the best possible customer service experience and respects the privacy rights of all individuals. Furthermore, BMS Electrical Services is committed to ensuring that all Directors and others involved in the management of the Company comply at all times with their obligations under the Privacy Act.
BMS Electrical Services is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) which, are contained in Schedule 1 of the Privacy Act. The APPs establish minimum standards for the private sector in relation to the collection, handling, use, disclosure, management, access, correction and disposal of 'personal information' about natural persons. In summary, 'personal information' is information or an opinion relating to an individual, which can be used to identify that individual.
We collect personal information directly from you, the website, by phone or in writing (whether by email, through surveys or any other electronic or other means) for the purpose of providing services and customer support to you. This will include, but not limited to your name, address, contact and financial details.
In some circumstances, personal information is provided to us by third parties or other organisations conducting activities on your behalf. With your expressed or implied consent, your personal information may be used and disclosed to us this way.
There are many aspects of our website which can be viewed without providing personal information, however, for access to some features, future services and customer support features, you are required to submit personally identifiable information. This may include, but not limited to name, address, contact details, a unique username and/or password, or provide sensitive information in the recovery of your lost password. Sensitive information regarding, but not limited to education, previous work experience and medical information will be collected for the purpose of employment and/or further training of employees.
When you visit our website, our Internet Service Provider automatically records the following information about you:
- your server address;
- the website you visited immediately prior to ours;
- your domain name;
- date and time of your visit to our website;
- pages you accessed and the information or documents you downloaded;
- type of browser you used; and
- any other information we request our Internet Service Provider to record from time to time.
We may occasionally hire other companies to provide services on our behalf, including but not limited to customer services, handling customer support enquiries, processing transactions or customer freight shipping. Also, as part of employment and training requirements, BMS Electrical Services will forward personal information of employees to Registered Training Organisations (RTO), offer references on your behalf and to Agencies as required or authorised by law. Those companies will be permitted to obtain only the personal information they need to deliver the service to you. BMS Electrical Services takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
- our staff members;
- other companies, organisations and contractors and outsourced service providers who assist us to provide, or who perform the services we provide to you, including:
(i) information technology service providers;
(ii) mailing houses;
(iii) market research organisations; and
(iv) specialist consultants;
- your authorised representatives;
- third parties to whom you expressly ask us to send, or consent to us sending, your personal information;
- government and regulatory authorities and other similar organisations, as required or authorised by law; and
- such entities that we propose to merge with or be acquired by.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that anyone to whom we disclose your personal information respects the confidentiality of the information and abides by the APPs or equivalent privacy laws. BMS Electrical Services will not disclose your personal information to any overseas recipients except as required or authorised by law.
Our principal purpose in collecting, using and storing your personal information is to provide our services in a personalised, safe and efficient manner. Using our services, you consent to us collecting, using, storing, sharing and disclosing your personal information to:
- conduct our business, generate content and provide customer support and payment services (including updates and improvements);
- provide, administer, market and manage the services;
- research, develop and improve the services;
- communicate with you;
- conduct surveys to determine use and satisfaction with the services;
- verify information for accuracy or completeness (including by way of verification with third parties);
- comply with our legal obligations, a request by a governmental agency or regulatory authority or legally binding court order;
- aggregate and/or make anonymous your personal information, so that it cannot be used, whether in combination with other information or otherwise, to identify you;
- resolve disputes and to identify, test and resolve problems;
- notify you about the website and updates to the Website from time to time;
- supply you with generalised, targeted or personalised marketing, advertising and promotional notices, offers and communications, and measure and improve our marketing, advertising and promotions based on your ad customisation preferences; or
- protect a person's rights, property or safety.
If you access the website from a shared device or a device of a third party (such as in an internet cafe), your personal information may also be available to other persons who access that device. For each visitor to reach the website, we expressively collect the following non-personally identifiable information, including but not limited to:
- pages viewed while browsing the website. This collected information is used solely internally for the purpose of gauging visitor traffic, trends and delivering personalized content to you while you are at website.
From time to time, we may use customer information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice. If our information practices change at some time in the future, we will use information attained for these new practices only, data collected from the time of the policy change forward will adhere to our updated practices.
BMS Electrical Services currently holds information in relation to its customers, employees, contractors and other workplace participants. This information includes, but is not limited to:
- name, address and contact details;
- information about any call to us, details about the product(s) you bought, the reason why you contacted us and the advice we gave you;
- your business contact details, place of employment and position;
- credit and/or financial information;
- the fact that you have clicked on a 'like', '+1' or 'tweet' or similar button in one of our websites or services or one of our pages on a social network site, and information about further interactions with this posted content (for example, if your contacts click on a link in the posted content), which we may associate with the details that we store about you;
- tax file numbers;
- information relating to the personal background of workplace participants (such as their home address, sex, date of birth, their employment history, their educational qualifications, any illnesses and details of contact people in the event of any emergency); and
- information documenting the work history of workplace participants (such as their letter of appointment and bank account details, as well as records of any salary adjustments, written warnings, salary sacrifice documents and sick leave taken).
BMS Electrical Services will collect personal information which, is necessary for our functions or activities in several different ways.
There are a variety of reasons why BMS Electrical Services is required to hold this information. Some of these reasons include but is not limited to:
(i) in order for us to provide employment, products, services and support. If you do not provide us with certain personal information when prompted, we may be unable to provide employment, products and/or provide certain services, including after sales services.
(j) ensuring that both the Company and any workplace participants are meeting their obligations under relevant legislation as well as their contract of employment;
(k) ensuring the welfare, health and safety of all workplace participants at times when they are performing work for the Company; and
(l) allowing appropriate insurance coverage for workplace participants.
While BMS Electrical Services does contract out some of its services, any of the above information will not be disclosed to any third party without the prior consent being obtained from any affected individual.
There may be certain circumstances where BMS Electrical Services is contacted in relation to some or all of the above personal information, for example, when a Company employee has applied for a loan with a financial institution and that financial institution contacts us to verify details of income being received.
Any personal information given by customers or employees, may be checked with any person or authority where such advice is relevant to determination of compliance with statutory requirements.
Generally, we are unlikely to disclose your information to entities based overseas, however in limited circumstances this may occur (such as if our servers are located overseas). Such disclosure will comply with the APPs.
BMS Electrical Services strives to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personally identifiable information of our customers and employees. We use a variety of physical and electronic security measures including restricting physical access to our offices, fire walls and secure data bases to keep personal information secure from misuse, loss or unauthorised used or disclosure. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. Obsolete paper records will be disposed of using a secure shredding provider or are permanently deleted from electronic storage.
Subject to the Privacy Act, you have a right to access your personal information, subject to exceptions allowed by law, if we deny access to your personal information in some circumstances we will tell you why. If you would like to access your information, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons. There is no application fee for making a request to access your personal information. However, BMS Electrical Services reserves the right to charge an administration fee for searching for, contacting a third-party where your information is held and providing your information on a per request basis.
You may opt out of receiving our marketing, advertising and promotional notices, offers and communications by emailing us your request at the email address listed below or under "Contact Us" on our website.
Contact: Customer Services
Call: (08) 8274 0100
BMS Electrical Services
Building 91/1 Franck Collopy Court
ADELAIDE AIRPORT SA 5950 AUSTRALIA